Thursday, July 07, 2005

Bored at work


I played some Falcon last night for a little bit, and I wasn't really.. impressed. Probably because I have no clue how to do anything in the Falcon besides fly and fire the gun (yes, just the gun). So far radar targeting eludes me, but I haven't looked much into the actual keys for everything anyway (each key on the keyboard has four or more uses).
The Falcon seems sluggish, which I know shouldn't be the case. It is a nimble fighter. It rolls very fast, but my pitch control is sluggish as hell. It annoys me, but it is probably just my joystick setting, which I haven't messed with. I think it really bothers me that I see no difference at all between a full speed turn and a corner velocity turn. There should be a difference even if my stick is messed up. I miss my Hornet. I knew how to fly that :(
I might have spent more time trying to figure out Falcon, but some [OA] (Battlefield 2 clan) guys were on and playing, so I joined them and racked up some points on the ranked servers. Got promoted to Lance Corporal, and unlocked the spec-ops weapon. G36K, hurray, it works well for the little time I spend on the ground.

Anyway, I actually did some work today. Ghosted some older computers with a Win98 image for resale, though.. 98.. pain. Pulled some cable into the accounting department. I think I did some other things but I can't really remember.
Aggro Me posted my name wrong on his blog, but quickly corrected it ;)
I spent a little time trying to find any traces of the VMFA-268 WidowMakers (my old Hornet squadron) on the net, but google gave me only one link to a site that was no longer there. This saddens me. I did find that the MaG League (Macintosh Gaming League) is still out there, though really dying. Nice to see it again though.
I'm thinking I might start posting more regularly.. since I usually have nothing/not much to do at work, I can spend some time writing up a daily summary or something. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside when I thought of it, anyway.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're still out here ... long live the 268.
Nails

Thu Apr 02, 08:55:00 AM  
Blogger Anskiere said...

It's good to see some of us are still around. :) I have many fond memories of those days!

Wed Apr 08, 05:03:00 AM  
Blogger NeKoMa said...

Sorry For Late Answer .I'm Still Flying FA 18 and looking for Magic VMFA 268 Widowmakers .
Did the team still meet on Game Ranger ???
I'll look forward for comments here, and on G.R.
Best wishes to all Bandits !!! :)
NeKoMa
ITA

Sun Jan 24, 05:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home