Thursday, July 14, 2005

Minor update


I got my beta version of Jak X Racing in the mail today, yippy. I never played any of the Jak games personally, but have watched my friend play Jak3, and (if I am thinking of the right game) the driving portion(s) looked pretty fun, so maybe this game provide a little fun. Just a Mario Kart for PS2 though, I'm sure. I just like to beta whatever I can, though, because it's oh-so-fun!

So I'm begining to think more and more I can skip out on work tomorrow, since it is going to be some IT Breakout session with some businesses in the area. So more EQ2 time for me, which is what I like to have :)

Speaking of EQ, I was looking through my old EQ1 screenshots.. and wow, I miss those days. Made me think about how playing a wizard has changed from the two games (which I rant about somewhere in Aggro's forums,so I won't go into any detail here). Lets just say I wish some of the aspects of EQ1 wizards came through to EQ2. Oh well, what can you do. I'm really starting to get a sense of being powerful when I play Anskiere now. Still pushin' for that big five-o.

I've seen a 50 wizard running around doing the same writs that I am doing in LS, and Ice Comet looks a little dissapointing (visually). Just a ball of ice that shoots out from you like our other fireball spells? Honestly, if that is what it is, boo on SOE. I want my ball of ice from the sky shattering on the head of my enemy (ala EQ1). Or I could have been too far away/seeing the wrong thing/something.. can anyone confirm if it is indeed how I thought I saw it? But I guess, even if it is, there are always graphic upgrades that may one day, when the spell is totally outdated, make it look good. Here's to hoping!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aggro Me said...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Ice Comet is not that great visually, at least in my opinion. I play with the graphic settings pretty high too (though maybe not high enough - who knows). I was somewhat disapointed to be honest.

To me, the best graphics are on the freezing (or chilling) wind spell - especially on the larger opponents.

Sat Jul 16, 01:27:00 PM  
Blogger Anskiere said...

Figured so :(
I still say they should have made it like they did in EQ1 - a gaint (well.. I guess the size depended on the size of the enemy) ball of ice that came from the sky and shattered on top of the enemy! woo!

Tue Jul 19, 05:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home